BUP – Basic Electrical Upskilling
- Hazards and effects of electricity
- Safe electrical isolations (LOTO)
- Electricity at work regulations
- Earthing of fixed equipment
- Cables and terminations
- Fault energy and fault current
- Current & voltage transformers
- Electrical protective devices
- Design & construction of LV switchgear
- Introduction to cable sizing
- Electrical test equipment for use by electricians note GS38
- Low voltage testing
- Practical troubleshooting of electrical circuits
- AC motors and motor testing
- Variable speed drives
- Electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- Treatment for electric shock
This course is designed to enhance the candidate’s knowledge of statutory regulations, codes of practice, safety procedures and technical aspects of low voltage power systems. Its aim is to raise the level of safety awareness for persons working on or in the vicinity of electrical low voltage equipment. This course covers safety rules, regulations and guidelines related to current legislation.
Who should attend?
Electrical apprentices and non-electrical personnel requiring basic electrical technical training to enable them to become aware of the hazards and processes associated with the installation, maintenance and operation of low voltage electrical equipment.
Candidates will receive the Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
£1835.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from the date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
This course currently operates on demand. Should you wish to book this course please contact us.