T5 – Cable Identification & Spiking
- Safety requirements
- Ground clearance and use of Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT scanner)
- Methods of cable identification
- Cable spiking (use and maintenance of spiking tool)
This course is designed for electrical personnel responsible for identification/spiking and proving dead of HV power cables. It provides instruction in the practical, technical and safety aspects of identifying electrical power cables and their subsequent spiking to ensure the safety of personnel required to work upon these cables. (Note: this is not a cable fault location course).
Who should attend?
Electrical Engineers/Technicians responsible for ensuring the safety of personnel working on HV underground electrical power cables.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and the theoretical assessment will receive a Faraday Centre competence certificate. Candidates who fail the competence assessment will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
£415.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
- Competence assessment
- It is recommended that candidates consider refresher training within a maximum of three years, subject to changes in rules, regulations etc.
- The Faraday certificates are dispatched to clients after receipt of full payment.
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
2022 DATES AVAILABLE TO BOOK