DMS4 – High Voltage Power Training (Sec.A-III/1,Sec.A-III/2)
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- UK and international marine health and safety regulations
- Understanding the arc blast hazard
- Arrangement of marine high voltage systems and switchrooms
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- High voltage safety rules
- Key safes and multihasp systems
- Test equipment for proving dead
- Operational procedures
- Earthing of marine systems
- Appreciation of fault levels
- Application of electrical protection on marine power systems
- Power management systems (PMS)
- Control and synchronisation of generators
- Switchgear maintenance
- An outline of the electrical testing of a power plant
- Practical exercises
This is a 5-day course, approved by the Cyprus Department of Merchant Shipping in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW (Manila amendments 2010) for revalidation of Chief Engineer Officer CoC Reg and Second Engineer Officers.
Who should attend?
Chief Engineer Officers, Officers, Second Engineers, Engineer Surveyors, Marine Superintendents, serving Marine Electricians and ETO’s.
At least one of the following:
- Prior electrical or electro-technical experience in a shipboard environment
- Have completed 12 months sea time as EOOW
- Part of an initial electro-technical training programme
Candidates who successfully complete the course and both theoretical and practical assessments will receive a certificate issued directly from the Cyprus Department of Merchant Shipping and a competence certificate issued by Thomas-Faraday Training Limited.
€1,135.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Note: the assessment for this course is compulsory and is included in the above stated price.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS ONLY AVAILABLE AT OUR TRAINING CENTRE IN LIMASSOL, CYPRUS This course currently operates on demand. Should you wish to book this course please contact us.