MCA4 – High Voltage Training Management Level (MCA approved)
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- UK and International Marine health and safety regulations
- Understanding the arc blast hazard
- Arrangement of marine high voltage systems and switchrooms
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- High voltage safety rules
- Key safes and multihasp systems
- Test equipment for proving dead
- Operational procedures
- Earthing of marine systems
- Appreciation of fault levels
- Application of electrical protection on marine power systems
- Control and synchronisation of generators
- Power Management Systems (PMS)
- Switchgear maintenance
- An outline of the electrical testing of a power plant
- Practical exercises
This course is approved by the MCA (Maritime & Coastguard Agency) and is in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW (Manila amendments 2010) for revalidation of Chief Engineer Officer CoC Reg and Second Engineer Officers. III/2 and III/3 (Management Level). The course meets the requirements of the MNTB Shipboard High Voltage Training guidelines.
Who should attend?
Chief engineer officers, officers, second engineers, engineer surveyors, marine superintendents, serving marine electricians and ETO’s.
At least one of the following:
- Prior electrical or electro-technical experience in a shipboard environment
- Have completed 12 months sea time as EOOW
- Part of an initial electro-technical training programme
Candidates who successfully complete the course and both theoretical and practical assessments will receive a certificate issued by The Faraday Centre which is authorised by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
£1,135.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Note: the assessment for this course is compulsory and is included in the price stated above.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
Monday 23 – Friday 27
Monday 14 – Friday 18
Monday 28 – Friday 01 November
Monday 11 – Friday 15
Monday 25 – Friday 29
Monday 09 – Friday 13