MCA2 – High Voltage Training Operational Level (MCA Approved)
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- UK and international marine health and safety regulations
- The basis of marine high voltage utilisation
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- High voltage safety rules
- Safe working instructions
- Earthing of marine systems
- Introduction to electrical protection on marine power systems
This course is approved by the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW (Manila amendments 2010) to operate high voltage systems in accordance with the knowledge, understanding and proficiencies for high voltage installations set out in tables A-III/1 (part) of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
Who should attend?
Marine Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Vessel Superintendents and Surveyors employed on various ships/vessels and offshore installations.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and theoretical assessment will receive a certificate issued by The Faraday Centre which is authorised by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).
£320.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
- Competence assessment
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from the date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
2022 DATES AVAILABLE TO BOOK