MCA2 – High Voltage Training Operational Level (MCA Approved)
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- UK and international marine health and safety regulations
- The basis of marine high voltage utilisation
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- High voltage safety rules
- Safe working instructions
- Earthing of marine systems
- Introduction to electrical protection on marine power systems
This course is approved by the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) in line with the requirements laid down by the STCW (Manila amendments 2010) to operate high voltage systems in accordance with the knowledge, understanding and proficiencies for high voltage installations set out in tables A-III/1 (part) of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
Who should attend?
Marine Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Vessel Superintendents and Surveyors employed on various ships/vessels and offshore installations.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and theoretical assessment will receive a certificate issued by The Faraday Centre which is authorised by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).
£295.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
2021 £309.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Note: the assessment for this course is compulsory and is included in the price stated above.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.