TJ – HV Cable Termination & Jointing
- Introduction to regulations and cable design/construction.
- Cable preparation
- Electrical stress in cable accessories
- Cable terminations
- Termination failure modes
- Cable joints
- Preparation and installation of single core cables
- Preparation and installation of three core cables
- Preparation and installation of single core joints
- Preparation and installation of three core joint
This course is an introduction to cable termination techniques. It aims to teach the candidates how to properly prepare HV cables for terminating and jointing. It gives candidates a good understanding of how a cable is constructed and explains the function(s) of the individual components.
Please note: this course is an introduction to terminating/jointing and is not intended to be taken as a full trade course.
Who should attend?
Electrical engineers/technicians responsible for carrying out or supervising high voltage terminating or jointing.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and both theoretical and assessments will receive a Faraday Centre competence certificate. Candidates who fail or do not wish to undertake the competence assessment will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
Course: £2,600.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Note: the assessment for this course is compulsory and is included in the price stated above.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
Monday 09 – Thursday 13
Monday 18 – Thursday 21
Monday 06 – Thursday 09
Monday 01 – Thursday 04
Monday 09 – Thursday 12