TJ – HV Cable Termination & Jointing
- Introduction to regulations and cable design/construction.
- Cable preparation
- Electrical stress in cable accessories
- Cable terminations
- Termination failure modes
- Cable joints
- Preparation and installation of single core cables
- Preparation and installation of three core cables
- Preparation and installation of single core joints
- Preparation and installation of three core joint
This course is an introduction to cable termination techniques. It aims to teach the candidates how to properly prepare HV cables for terminating and jointing. It gives candidates a good understanding of how a cable is constructed and explains the function(s) of the individual components.
Please note: this course is an introduction to terminating/jointing and is not intended to be taken as a full trade course.
Who should attend?
Electrical engineers/technicians responsible for carrying out or supervising high voltage terminating or jointing.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and both theoretical and practical assessments will receive a Faraday competence certificate. Candidates who fail the competence assessments will receive a Faraday attendance certificate.
£2849.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
- Competence assessment
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from the date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
2022 DATES AVAILABLE TO BOOK
Monday 18 – Thursday 21
Monday 10 – Thursday 13