P2 – Overview of Electrical Power Systems Protection
- Introduction to power system protection
- Fuse and MCCB protection
- Current and voltage transformers
- Protection relay types
- Secondary injection testing
- Feeder protection
- Transformer protection
- Motor protection
- Generator protection
- Tripping battery systems
- Trip circuit supervision requirements
- Practical exercises
This course explains the operation of electrical protection devices and their application to different zones of a power system. It involves a number of practical exercises and demonstrations combined with classroom theory.
This is a stand-alone course and not a precursor to the P1 course.
Who should attend?
Electrical/Plant Engineers, Supervisors, Technicians, Electricians requiring an overview of the application of electrical protective equipment utilised on industrial electrical power systems.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and the theoretical assessment will receive a Faraday Centre competence certificate. Candidates who fail the competence assessment will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
£615.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
- Competence assessment
- It is recommended that candidates consider refresher training within a maximum of three years, subject to changes in rules, regulations etc.
- The Faraday certificates are dispatched to clients after receipt of full payment.
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
2022 DATES AVAILABLE TO BOOK
Monday 20 – Tuesday 21
Monday 12 – Tuesday 13
Thursday 15 – Friday 16