S1 – The Safe Operation of High Voltage Power Systems (Limited High Voltage Authorisation)
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- Electricity at work regulations
- Understanding the arc blast hazard
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- Substations and safety requirements
- Secondary hazards and emergency conditions
- High voltage safety rules
- Key safes and multihasp systems
- Test equipment for proving dead
- Operational procedures
- Introduction to electrical protection on industrial power systems
- Practical exercises
This course is aimed at candidates who require competency in the safe operation of high voltage power systems. It is suitable for non-electrical/electrical personnel who are required to enter high voltage switchrooms and perform limited switching operations. It includes both classroom theory and practical exercises.
Upon completion, candidates will be assessed to a competency level suitable for an authorised person (AP) switching and issuing documents for work on single end circuits only.
Who should attend?
Electrical/non-electrical personnel with a basic level of electrical knowledge who are required to carry out restricted HV switching operations with limited safety document issuing responsibilities up to and including 15kV.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and both theoretical and practical assessments will receive a Faraday Centre competence certificate and a certificate of verified achievement issued by EAL. Candidates who fail or do not wish to undertake the competence assessment will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
Course: £680.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Assessment: £85.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Note: course assessment is optional.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
Tuesday 01 – Thursday 03
Tuesday 12 – Thursday 14