IRISS Level 1 – Infrared
This course gives a starting point, for the introduction to Infrared and effective use of a Thermal Camera. This course is designed to meet and exceed ISO 18436 part 7 CAT 1 and ANSI/ASNT CP105 & CP – 189 (2016) Level 1 recommended practices, it covering all of the relevant infrared theories and physics required to produce a professional Thermography Inspection Report.
The participant will learn about topics pertaining to infrared thermography, with the objective of increasing their knowledge about infrared physics, heat science and infrared measurement equipment (including its application). As a CAT 1 thermographer, you will learn to set up the camera’s settings of Distance, Transmissivity, Emissivity, as well as to ensure that the IFOV & MFOV are set correctly, which allows capturing of good images and proficient initial analysis of the obtained images.
Who Should Attend?
Attendees would ideally be from maintenance teams (from both electrical and mechanical disciplines), reliability engineers, electrical technicians and asset management teams.
- Thermal / Infrared Physics
- Temperature, How it is Measured
- The Nature of Heat and Temperature
- Heat Transfer Mode Familiarisation
- Infrared Equipment Operation
- Infrared Applications
- Radiosity Concepts
- How to do an Infrared Inspection
- Infrared Image and Documentation
- Support Data Collection
- Elements of a Good Infrared Image
- Database Programs
- Report Generation
Candidates who successfully complete the online course, examination and field assignment, will receive the IRISS 18436 – part 7 CAT 2 IRT Certification. These courses are eligible for NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits. NETA Certified Technicians (Level III and Level IV) are required to earn a minimum of 48 CTD’s every three years to maintain their certification.
Course: £567.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Online access to all learning materials
- Course research manual download
- Download soundwaves
- Digital handout materials
- Assignments that provide hands-on training
- Access to SMART Academy Alumni Network
- It is recommended that the candidate has some basic experience with infrared or Thermography.
- For the completion of assignments, candidates will need access to an infrared camera.
- Certificates are dispatched to clients after receipt of full payment.
As this course is offered online, candidates will have access to the course on demand.