IRISS Level 2 – Infrared
As this course is offered online, candidates will have access to the course on demand.
This course is designed to meet and exceed ISO 18436 part 7 CAT 2 and ANSI/ASNT CP105 & CP – 189 (2016) Level 2 recommended practices, covering all of the relevant infrared theories and physics required to produce a professional Thermography Inspection Report.
The course prepares the candidate for qualification as a CAT 2 certified thermographer. The candidate will learn about topics in infrared thermography to increase their knowledge about infrared physics, heat science and infrared measurement equipment and its application. As a CAT 2 thermographer, the candidate is able to provide guidance to CAT 1 personnel in the areas of equipment selection, techniques, limitations, data analysis, corrective action and reporting.
Who should attend?
Attendees would ideally be from maintenance teams (both electrical and mechanical), reliability engineers, electrical technicians and asset management teams.
It is required as a prerequisite that the candidate’s CAT Level 1 Certification is current and has not expired, and the candidate currently has 420 hours documented experience with infrared or Thermography.
- Principles of Infrared Thermography IRT
- Equipment and Data Acquisition Law
- Image Processing IR
- General Applications
- Diagnostics and Prognostics
- Conditioning Monitoring
- Corrective Actions
- Condition Monitoring Principles
- Reporting and Documentation
- ISO Standards
- Camera Measurement Techniques
- Environmental Health and Safety
Candidates who successfully complete the online course, examination and field assignment will receive the IRISS 18436 – part 7 CAT 2 IRT Certification. These courses are eligible for NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits. NETA Certified Technicians (Level III and Level IV) are required to earn a minimum of 48 CTD’s every three years to maintain their certification.
Course: £530.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Online access to all learning materials
- Course research manual download
- Download soundwaves
- Digital handout materials
- Assignments that provide hands-on training
- Access to SMART Academy Alumni Network
- It is required as a prerequisite that the candidate has an up to date CAT level 1 certification and has a minimum of 420 hours documented experience with infrared or thermography.
- For the completion of assignments, candidates will need access to an infrared camera.
- Certificates are dispatched to clients after receipt of full payment.