LV4 – The Safe Operation of Low Voltage Power Systems (Authorised Person)
- Electrical Hazards
- Electricity at work regulations
- Understanding the arc blast hazards
- Safe Isolations
- Low voltage safety rules
- Test equipment for proving dead
- Low voltage operational procedures
- Fault energy
- Low voltage earthing
- Protective devices
- Electrical test equipment for use by electricians (GS38)
- Low voltage testing
- Practical exercises
This course is aimed at experienced electricians/engineers who will be authorised to carry out LV switching operations for the safe isolation and de-isolation of low voltage power systems up to 1000V AC. Candidates will be introduced to safe operating procedures including Lockout/Tagout and the issue and control of safety documentation.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for experienced personnel who are to become LV authorised for the operation of low voltage installations (up to 1000 volts AC and 1500 volts DC) including switching, isolating and issuing electrical safety documents.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and the theoretical assessment will receive a Faraday Centre competence certificate. Candidates who fail the competence assessment will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
£1300.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
- Competence assessment
- It is recommended that candidates consider refresher training within a maximum of three years, subject to changes in rules, regulations etc.
- The Faraday certificates are dispatched to clients after receipt of full payment.
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from the date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
2022 DATES AVAILABLE TO BOOK
Monday 01 – Friday 05
Monday 12 – Friday 16
Monday 31 – Friday 04 November