MAR7 – Principles of the Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- UK and International Marine health and safety regulations
- Understanding the arc blast hazard
- Marine electrical systems
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- High voltage safety rules
- Key safes and multihasp systems
- Test equipment for proving dead
- Operational procedures
- Earthing of marine systems
- Appreciation of fault levels
- Application of electrical protection on marine power systems
- Power Management Systems (PMS)
- Control and synchronisation of generators
- An outline of electrical testing of power plants
- Practical exercises
This is an advanced training programme that requires previous HV experience and a good foundation of electrical knowledge of high voltage power systems.
This course has been developed to meet the requirements of the safe operation of high voltage systems in marine/offshore applications (excluding control systems). This course is more advanced than the MAR4 course and includes a broader technical emphasis. Upon completion, candidates will be assessed to a competency level suitable for switching and issuing documents for work on all types of circuit.
Who should attend?
Electrical Engineers, Electrical Officers and contract Electrical Engineering staff responsible for the construction, commissioning and operation of marine/offshore electrical power systems and to be responsible for switching and the issue of safety documents.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and both theoretical and practical assessments will receive a Faraday Centre competence certificate and a certificate of verified achievement issued by EAL. Candidates who fail the competence assessment will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
£1300.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
- Competence assessment
- It is recommended that candidates consider refresher training within a maximum of three years, subject to changes in rules, regulations, etc.
- The Faraday certificates are dispatched to clients after receipt of full payment.
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
This course currently operates on demand. Should you wish to book this course please contact us.