EAL 2625 (EAL 4337/4338) – Periodic Inspection and Testing
- The requirements for completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- The requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- The requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- The requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- The requirements for testing pre-energised and energised installations
- The requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of system and equipment prior to completion of the inspection, testing and commissioning
- Testing electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Testing electrical installations in service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
- The requirements for inspection and testing or existing electrical installations
- The completion of electrical installation condition report and supporting documentation
- The requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- Differences between periodic inspections and initial verification
- The requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- Understanding and interpreting test results
- The requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- Carrying out inspection of electrical installations
5 days (+1 for EAL examinations).
This award combines two existing EAL initial verification/periodic inspection and reporting qualifications (EAL 4337/4338) which give the delegate an understanding of the theory and practice involved with the initial verification and commissioning and also the periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of both single and three phase electrical installations. These awards follow BS7671 and the industry recognised IET Guidance Note 3.
To give delegates theoretical and practical experience in the implementation of a formal inspection and testing regime for electrical equipment (portable appliances).
Who should attend?
Electricians who have already qualified for IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition and wish to carry out inspection, testing, commissioning, periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting. This course is suitable for practising electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying.
This course is also suitable for those with limited experience of initial inspections of electrical installations, such as those entering industry from other engineering disciplines or who have been working in allied trades.
EAL Level 3 Award in Electrical Installation Inspection, Testing, Certification and Reporting
1 on-screen (OPEN BOOK) exam with 60 questions: (four answer options and advanced question types).
(Exam code ITC3/001).
There are also two centre marked practical assessments consisting of: Periodic inspection, and Periodic inspection and testing. (These are the same practical assessments utilised in the EAL Level 3 Award In the
Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations).
Candidates who successfully complete the course and the EAL examinations will receive a Faraday competence certificate as well as EAL accredited certificate. Candidates who fail or do not wish to undertake EAL examinations will receive a Faraday attendance certificate.
Course: £840.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Assessment: £85.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Note: course assessment is optional.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
2021 DATES AVAILABLE TO BOOK
Monday 7 – Friday 11
Monday 14 – exam
Monday 19 – Friday 23
Monday 26 – exam