S9 – Practical Introduction to the Safe Operation of High & Low Voltage Switchgear
- Operational and safety features of switchgear
- High voltage safety rules
- Key safes and multihasp systems
- Test equipment for proving dead
- Operational procedures
- Practical exercises on a range of circuits and equipment types
This course is designed specifically for individuals with little or no previous experience in high voltage switching. It focuses on the practical (hands-on) element of switching and is predominately workshop rather than classroom based.
Who should attend?
Personnel who require practical (hands-on) experience of switching and issuing of safety documents on high and low voltage power systems up to and including 15kV. This course may be undertaken by candidates in order to gain practical experience on the operation of HV switchgear prior to attending a limited or full authorisation course.
This course is available as a package with the following courses;
- S4 – The Safe Operation of High Voltage Power Systems (TP1 package)
- MAR4 – The Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (TP2 package)
Candidates who successfully complete the course will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
£780.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
- Competence assessment
- It is recommended that candidates consider refresher training within a maximum of three years, subject to changes in rules, regulations etc.
- The Faraday certificates are dispatched to clients after receipt of full payment.
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
2022 DATES AVAILABLE TO BOOK
Wednesday 20 – Friday 22
Monday 01 – Wednesday 03
Wednesday 14 – Friday 16
Wednesday 19 – Friday 21
Wednesday 02 – Friday 04
Wednesday 14 – Friday 16