M1 – Principles applied to the Maintenance of Electrical Switchgear
- Electrical hazards and precautions
- Statutory regulations and codes of practice
- High voltage safety rules
- Electrical safety documents
- Operational features of switchgear
- Circuit breakers – oil, gas, air and vacuum
- Auxiliary equipment
- Primary conductors and switchgear enclosures
- Switchgear maintenance
- Battery supply units
- Introduction to electrical faults and protection
- Fault diagnosis
This course is intended to provide theoretical and practical instruction on the maintenance, repair and subsequent testing of HV/LV switchgear of various types, up to and including 15kV. Delegates should bring clothing and footwear suitable for maintenance exercises.
Who should attend?
Electrical and mechanical personnel with a responsibility for the maintenance of HV/LV electrical switchgear.
To provide delegates with an understanding of the functional and operational requirements of HV/LV electrical switchgear.
Candidates who successfully complete the course and the theoretical assessment will receive a Faraday Centre competence certificate. Candidates who fail the competence assessment will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
£1300.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
- Competence assessment
- It is recommended that candidates consider refresher training within a maximum of three years, subject to changes in rules, regulations etc.
- The Faraday certificates are dispatched to clients after receipt of full payment.
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
2022 DATES AVAILABLE TO BOOK
Monday 27 – Friday 01 July
Monday 12 – Friday 16