MAR5 – Refresher in the Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (Full High Voltage Authorisation)
- UK and International Marine health and safety regulations
- Understanding the arc blast hazard
- High voltage safety rules
- Key safes and multihasp systems
- Test equipment for proving dead
- Operational procedures
- High voltage earthing and low voltage insulated neutral systems
- Application of electrical protection on marine power systems
- Control and synchronisation of generators
- Practical exercises
This training programme is designed to refresh the knowledge and skills of the candidates relating to safe practices and legislation applicable to Maritime/Offshore high voltage power systems.
Who should attend?
Marine/offshore personnel with considerable experience in carrying out advanced HV switching operations and safety document issuing responsibilities up to and including 15kV and who have previously attended a course such as the MAR4 or MCA4. The course is aimed at personnel who have previously been authorised to multiple grades of duty which company rules may acknowledge as a Senior Authorised Person (SAP).
Candidates who successfully complete the course and the theoretical assessment will receive a Faraday Centre competence certificate. Candidates who fail the competence assessment will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
£963.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice. Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.
- Candidate’s course notes (Electronic Version). If a hard copy is required there will be a nominal fee of £25.00.
- Light lunch/refreshments
- Competence assessment
- It is recommended that candidates consider refresher training within a maximum of three years, subject to changes in rules, regulations etc.
- The Faraday certificates are dispatched to clients after receipt of full payment.
The Faraday Centre Ltd can also assist with hotel accommodation; please refer to page 3 for further details.
Please note: The service package is not included in the above fees.
Standard terms for The Faraday Centre Ltd. clients with established credit are payment in 30 days from date of invoice. Otherwise, payment is required at least 7 days prior to the course commencement date.
Terms & conditions
This quotation is subject to the enclosed “Conditions of Sale”.
2022 DATES AVAILABLE TO BOOK
Wednesday 28 – Friday 30