MAR5 – Refresher in the Safe Operation of Marine/Offshore High Voltage Power Systems (Full High Voltage Authorisation)
- UK and International Marine health and safety regulations
- Understanding the arc blast hazard
- High voltage safety rules
- Key safes and multihasp systems
- Test equipment for proving dead
- Operational procedures
- High voltage earthing and low voltage insulated neutral systems
- Application of electrical protection on marine power systems
- Control and synchronisation of generators
- Practical exercises
This training programme is designed to refresh the knowledge and skills of the candidates relating to safe practices and legislation applicable to Maritime/Offshore high voltage power systems.
Who should attend?
Marine/offshore personnel with considerable experience in carrying out advanced HV switching operations and safety document issuing responsibilities up to and including 15kV and who have previously attended a course such as the MAR4 or MCA4. The course is aimed at personnel who have previously been authorised to multiple grades of duty which company rules may acknowledge as a Senior Authorised Person (SAP).
Candidates who successfully complete the course and both theoretical and practical assessments will receive a Faraday Centre competence certificate. Candidates who fail or do not wish to undertake the competence assessment will receive a Faraday Centre attendance certificate.
Course: £680.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Assessment: £85.00 + VAT (where applicable) per person.
Note: course assessment is optional.
All prices exclude VAT and are subject to revision without notice.
Further dates can be added upon request, please contact us.